Monday, October 6, 2014

SIX MONTHS!

Um, we have a six month old. What? I'm confused because I'm pretty sure last Saturday I was at the hospital having him. Saying "the time goes by so fast" is a huuuuuge understatement. The time doesn't just go by fast, but I seriously don't think it even existed. My mind is blown.

I wanted to update everyone on Jayce! He's doing fabulous and is seriously the happiest baby on the face of the earth. He hardly ever cries. When he does, it's just because he's either tired or hungry. He's always content to be "by himself" (on his play mat while I'm doing the dishes or something.) We really lucked out. I've never seen a happier kid.

Since day one, he has been alert and wide eyed, just taking everything in. That's only magnified as he's gotten older! He loves to watch everything. If I try to snuggle him while we're out somewhere, with things going on, he won't have it. He needs to be watching everything 24/7. So needless to say, the band competitions and football games have been heaven on earth. So many noises and shiny things.

(Hanging out at BAI)

He's doing great at rolling over and is starting to stick his butt in the air, so I know he's beginning to grasp the concept of crawling. I think he looks like an inch worm! He can also sit up fairly well, just over the last few days he has improved to where I usually just sit behind him in case he tips over, which is becoming less and less frequent. Yay! 

(Sitting and looking so big!)

We did the inevitable this past week and cut his luscious locks, which were actually becoming less luscious and more greasy. It needed to happen, but it was so tough. I didn't want to do it just because it would change him! But in hindsight I'm so glad I did. He needed it. 

(Before & after)

Jayce is also a pretty perfect sleeper. He goes down between 9-10, wakes up at 5 or so, goes back down at 5:30, ad wakes up for the day around 9 usually. The only problem is he is still using his handy dandy velcro swaddle, which is a blessing and a curse. I wish I could say he sleeps that well just laying in his crib but noooo. We've tried that and he will have none of it. He just likes being snug and warm (just like mom) when he sleeps. So we researched and purchased him a Zippedee-Zip. I'll do a product review when we get it for all of my swaddling mom friends, or even moms who just wish their kid would sleep better. I've heard fabulous things about it! 

Jayce likes:
- drums (meh.)
- some baby food, like pears and peas.
- music
- talking
- watching us eat
- standing up
- car rides...never fail to put him to sleep

Jayce dislikes: 
- loud noises (besides drums.)
- some baby food, like sweet potatoes
- being cold
- barking dogs (sorry Milo...we're trying!)
- strangers in his space, but he's getting better

He has his 6 month check up on Friday. He weighs just about 16 lbs even! Not sure about everything else. Yay Jaycer!


No comments: